Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm in love with this music

I often will look up my favorite artists in itunes... and then look at the "listeners also bought" list to find new music..... today i started with andrew bird... who i wrote about before, and continued to bon iver... which i stumbled upon before... but today gave him a second chance..... I am in love with his song skinny love!!!! So I decided to google him.... which took me to his myspace..... on his myspace i saw another band.... Bowerbirds...which i thought was funny... ha birds... like andrew bird... anyway... I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!! Here is a music video of theirs..... the video is a little weird... reminds me of fleet foxes video in a way... which is funny because bon iver reminds me of fleet foxes in a way.......... anyway... enjoy!  I love the lyric ... it takes a lot of nerve to destroy this wondrous earth.

I just that accordion! 
Here is their story...

The roots of the Bowerbirds lie in the Raleigh, NC, indie rock trio Ticonderoga, who were led by singer and guitarist Phil Moore. During the recording of the trio's second album, 2005's The Heilig Levine LP, Moore took a job tracking birds for the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, which involved living in a cabin in the Carolina woods, far from civilization. Moore's girlfriend, a visual artist named Beth Tacular (born Beth Salmon) joined him in the cabin to work on her painting; at night, Moore began writing songs influenced by the couple's rustic, natural surroundings. When Ticonderoga split up on tour supporting their second album, Moore and Tacular started their own band, the Bowerbirds, with Tacular teaching herself how to play the accordion and acquiring a marching band-style bass drum to keep rudimentary time....( this was taken from http://mog.com/music/Bowerbirds/bio)


It is my dream to live in rustic natural surroundings while i paint and my husband writes songs, and i learn the accordion and marching band bass drum!!!!! hahahaha    

Also, Bon Iver recorded his album deep in the woods in a cabin!!! I like him.... a little high pitched.... but i still like it.     


p.s. both skinny love by bon iver and in the talons by bowerbirds is free on amazon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment